Nelson\Nygaard puts people first in every project—and we know we are only as great as our staff. We hire energetic, creative, and diverse people committed to developing transportation systems that help communities reach broader goals of equity, sustainability, and enhanced quality of life.
Start Your Career or Grow itNelson\Nygaard is the right place, whether you are an experienced professional or just graduating. We provide opportunities to work side-by-side with experts on compelling projects, and we welcome motivated individuals who can help us expand our capabilities.
Become an InternOur internship program, which lasts between three and twelve months, will give you marketable skills and improve your career options. A mentor will introduce you to the world of consulting and ensure you participate in diverse and satisfying projects.
Women in Nelson\NygaardWomen in Nelson\Nygaard (WINN), an annually elected advisory committee, ensures that the firm honors the workplace ideals of its two female founders. WINN organizes activities to support professional development of women, to be a resource for employees and firm management. Read our mission statement.
Experience the DifferenceNelson\Nygaard offers:
- A dynamic and self-directed work environment
- Project-based work experience
- Collaboration with leading planners and engineers
- Flexible work hours and arrangements
- Opportunities for travel
- A relaxed, congenial and supportive office culture
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Health savings account
- Dependent care flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement plan, including employer contribution
- Personal time off
- Incentive-based bonuses
- Professional society dues
- Training and conference reimbursement
- In-house training programs
- Technology reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Car share membership
- Wellness rewards program
- Discounted gym membership
- Intern program
- Mentoring program
- Employee awards and rewards